1 Market Manager
The Market Manager does four main things:
• It shows a “watch list” of both symbol prices and open positions, with facilities for closing positions and opening new ones
• It shows headline information about the account, such as equity, balance, and margin usage.
• It shows a list of all open tickets, i.e. all open positions and pending orders, with the ability to open each ticket as a separate window, and then modify or close the position or order.
• It provides a concise summary of recent price activity on a symbol
1.1 Choosing the symbols to display
On MT4 and MT5, the list of symbols in the Market Manager synchronises with the MT4/MT5 market watch. You configure the symbols in the Market Manager by configuring the MT4/MT5 market watch.
On other platforms, you control which symbols are displayed using the app’s Symbols menu. You can use this Symbols menu to do a number of things:
• Quickly switch between currency-pairs for a particular currency, e.g. all USD pairs such as EURUSD, USDJPY etc
• Create a bespoke list of symbols
• Save a list of symbols as a “set”, and then quickly re-load a set.
1.2 Trading from the Market Manager
1.2.1 Placing orders
Clicking on the bid or ask price for a symbol opens a dealing form with the order-type preset to “buy” or “sell”.
This is the same dealing form used in FXBlue’s very popular Trade Terminal and Mini Terminal apps. It can be used to load trading templates created in other modules of the software, or to create new templates.
1.2.2 Quick trade-entry from templates
The Market Manager shares templates with FXBlue’s Trade Terminal and Mini Terminal apps. You can quickly execute a template by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking on the bid or ask price for a symbol, and then clicking on the template name: